Corporate Governance & Leadership Consulting in Kenya
At Global Leadership Institute, we strive to provide solutions through which boards and directors are able to direct, monitor and supervise the conduct and operation of the company and its management in a manner that ensures appropriate levels of authority, accountability, stewardship, leadership, direction and control.
Global Leadership Institute currently offers the following range of services towards mainstreaming local and international corporate governance best practice:
- Undertaking training, orientation and development programmes of boards, directors and managers in terms of corporate governance and facilitating induction programmes for newly appointed directors that are purpose-made to identify and deal with industry- and organisation-specific issues that meet clients strategic and operational requirements.
- Providing independent professional advice to non-executive directors and arbitrating boardroom conflicts and tension in providing objective guidance to board members and the board chairperson in particular. This extends to consulting to boards and companies generally on corporate governance and related matters and briefing of directors and senior management on new developments affecting their organisations in the area of compliance and regulation.
- Formulating numerous processes and policies on corporate governance for boards and companies in Africa through a comprehensive analysis of board functions and priorities in identifying strategic objectives and operational imperatives to achieve effective board governance processed.
- This also extends to constructing appropriate board charters and terms of reference (ToR) for board committees that align with corporate governance best practice. This work includes the formulation of codes and policies dealing with conflicts of interest and business conduct, share dealings, ethics and business principles, etc.
- Implementing and undertaking corporate governance audits of organisations to identify compliance with regulations and contemporary corporate governance standards, providing recommendations and solutions addressing complex organisational and structural issues for enhanced governance standards and practices from boards through to management delegations and authorities.
- Undertaking or providing detailed assistance with board (and board sub-committee) evaluation processes developed to the client’s requirements and working closely with the board in identifying solutions that meet business objectives; and providing guidance and advice on the application of regulatory standards in Africa and internationally.