Project Management Professional
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Professional is properly expressed as the credential PMP. The credentialing agency is the Project Management Institute (PMI). This credential is obtained by gaining a certification in project management through the completion of PMI-certified solid project management working experience and examination. PMP training and examination material comes from the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (or PMBOK), the Fourth Edition of which was published in December 2008. Most exam questions relate to PMI’s project quality standards, which are documented in the PMBOK. The PMP credential undergoes rigorous validation by ISO, and the PMBOK guide is widely regarded as the industry standard for Project Management. It has been adopted as the single standard for project management by agencies such as NASA.
1. Application Submission has a window of 90 days for completion once an application is opened.
2. Application Completeness Review takes 5 business days when submitted online to PMI.
3. Audit Process if application is selected for audit which can last 5 business days.
4. Multiple-Choice Examination which designates the PMP certification for 1 year from the date of the application approval.
5.Certification Cycle 3 years from the date the exam is passed to obtain and report PDUs toward credential maintenance.
6. Applicant Payment Process cannot schedule exam until you submit payment of credential fees.
PMP Eligibility Requirement:
1. High school diploma
2. Associate’s degree or global equivalent
3. Minimum five years/60 months unique non-overlapping professional project management experience during which at least 7,500 hours were spent leading and directing project tasks. 4.35 contact hours of PMP Training.
1. Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent
2. Minimum three years/36 months unique non-overlapping professional project management experience during which at least 4,500 hours were spent leading and directing project tasks.
3. 35 contact hours of PMP Training.